A maximum effort event for the 49th Ohio. Camp location will be the same as before. Registration will be $10 each with a signed waiver of liability form. We have a new supply of powder for those that need it, and a supply of caps. It is time to pay your dues for 2023. Bring money or checks made out to “49th Ohio Volunteers”. Dues checks can also be mailed to Jeff Lawson, 3598 Kellington Court, Oceanside, CA 92056, if you can’t attend this event.
1. Parking will be different this year it will be in a corral behind the corral we parked in last year. Park staff will direct you to where to park. This could change based on the condition of the parking lots, so please be patient. A reminder if you are argumentative with staff or disrespectful you will be asked to leave the event. These folks are volunteers and we are guests at their facility. Be nice!!!!
2. Do not drive on the grass, due to the wet conditions it will damage the grass and you might get stuck. All vehicles must stay on the road. Do not set up your camp until you have received direction and approval from your respective army commander. Civilians will report to the union commander.
3. There will be metal trash cans for ashes at the end of the event, please deposit you ashes in these cans.
4. All participants must be registered. This includes all civilians. Registration will be at the union camp in the of the Irish Brigade (69th NYSV). We will attempt to set up registration in the confederate camp but that is TBD. Registration is $10 please bring exact change if possible. You will need to fill out as waiver and receive a wrist band. I have attached a copy off the waiver to this email (see below)
5. There will be food vendors on site